Friday, August 30, 2013

New Sculptural Series.. First of the "Masters series"

Just wanted to share my new sculptural series I named the "Masters Series". The idea behind this series is to bring to life famous paintings.. so to speak. Creating a sculpture as if it were coming alive right out of a painting! I will place my own creative twist to each theme.. adding my own elements to the piece, but the essence of the painting will still be there.
 I have created the first in the series from the beautiful rococo painting "The Swing"  ( Also known as The Happy Accidents of the Swing)  painted by Artist Jean-Honore' Fragonard ca 1767. It is considered one of the master pieces of the rococo era.  In my interpretation... the painting comes to life by the faery realm!  The rococo maiden comes to life right out of the painting!
This piece is in a private collection... I already have the second in the series in the works!









No comments:

Post a Comment